Summer Track Program
The Ragnarök Athletic Club is the only USATF sanctioned track and field club in Grand Forks. It provides athletes in the Northern Red River Valley with a chance to train, improve, and be introduced to the events of track and field. There are a series of meets throughout the area available to those who decide to compete. All event areas will be offered in some capacity, including the decathlon/heptathlon, sprints, hurdles, jumps, pole vault, and relays. Ragnarok website
- Grand Forks Red River and Central track and field/cross country coaches
- GF Summer Throwing Program (CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO)
Location: Cushman Field
The club fee is $75. This fee includes a USATF membership, a performance t-shirt, meet registration fees, All entries and USATF memberships will be taken care of for the athletes by the club.
For sprint/hurdle/jump/vault/multi-event training, there is also a $75 coaching/training fee. Regardless of whether or not the athlete competes in the summer meets, he/she will still receive a USATF membership. Between all of the coaches, this will allow you to train, at the least, two sessions per week. It's entirely possible that more than two sessions per week will be available. That will all depend on coach and athlete availability throughout the week.The club fee and coaching/training fee brings the summer total to $150.
**FYI: This fee does not include transportation or lodging to any meets. Those costs must be furnished by the athlete.
- Sprinter/Hurdler trains all summer and competes in the USATF meets. (Club fee+coaching/training fee=$150)
- Sprinter/Hurdler trains all summer but does not compete in the USATF meets. (Coaching/training fee=$75)
- Thrower trains all summer with the throwing coaches and competes in the USATF meets. (Club fee+throwing program fee=$150)
- Thrower trains all summer with the throwing coaches but does NOT compete in the USATF meets. (Throwing program fee=$75)
- Sprinter/Hurdler lives out of GF and can't make regular practice sessions, but still wants to compete in the USATF meets. (Club Fee=$75)
USA Track & Field website