For each meet we bring food for the runners to eat afterward. It is a way to make sure they eat within 30 minutes of their race and we can provide healthy food, not fast food. We ask each parent to sign up on the google document below, to bring items throughout the season. It ends up being less expensive than sending money for fast food after each meet. We try to keep it healthy, and we do need to ask that there are no peanuts or peanut products.
Both the athletes and parents have been happy with the post-meet meals, so we are going to do it again this season. Please help out by signing up for an item to bring to a meet, you can just type in your name under a specific meet. Even if you are unable to attend that specific meet you can bring the items to the bus before we leave and put them in the team cooler.
What we have learned after providing food for a couple of seasons:
* It has been very successful, the athletes like it, and it is great to have parents around after the meet to be part of our awards
* Athletes prefer cuties over oranges
*We need to add different types of cheeses, ask Betty if other condiments are needed firstname.lastname@example.org*
*Betty and I are keeping mustard/mayo/etc and all leftovers for the following meet & will bring them to the next meet.
* Desserts will not be placed out until AFTER the people who ran in the last race have eaten
* If there are parents that still want to bring items that are not on the "list", powerade, water, etc is always appreciated
* If you can't attend the meet & still want to contribute, you can drop food off at Coach's house the night before or we have a cooler on the bus so you can drop it off with your athlete